The one and only Andreas Romijn is joining forces with me in Charlotte, NC. REGISTRATION IS OPEN!
Andreas Romijn is an enthusiastic and self-driven dog photographer from The Netherlands. With his wide knowledge about dog behavior, he effortlessly connects with dogs capturing portraits that are authentic and full of personality. Andreas skills working with studio lighting he creates extraordinary photographic artwork for his private and commercial clientele.
The focus of this workshop is to educate aspiring pet photographers how to create studio fine-art dog portraits. It is advised that the participants have a basic understanding of how to use your SLR digital camera and the relationship between shutter speed, ISO and aperture. The instructor will be teaching and giving demonstrations. Each student will have the opportunity to individually work with and photograph dog models.
The workshop will cover:
- Understanding the behavior of dogs
- Signals of stress & body language
- The importance of patience and respect
- The challenges faced when photographing dogs – behavior, fur color & coat
- Andreas methods for a successful stress-free session
- How to engage the dog during the session and capturing expression
- How to photograph using strobes and light modifiers
- Camera settings
- Strobe lighting set-ups
- How and what light modifiers work best
- Basic post-processing, they don´t need that much!
The 2-day workshop will include one full day working with Andreas in the studio on Saturday, September 28th and a full-day business coaching with myself on Sunday, September 29th. If there is enough interest, we will add a second workshop with a full-day business coaching with me on Sunday, September 29th and a full day shooting with Andreas on Monday, September 30th.
Registration is $1250 USD and includes the workshop as well as lunch on both days and transportation from the host hotel to the studio and back. All lodging and additional transportation is the responsibility of the student. We will be organizing a block of rooms at a host hotel that is just a few miles from the studio and surrounded by plenty of eating and entertainment options.